SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Teds new project a CB500 K1 mostly version 0.5 circa 1972.

<< < (160/167) > >>

Rozabikes Tim:
Well done Ted. Great to hear your news after such a well documented build we have all followed. Expect to see you with the knee down when we get a warm Derbyshire!

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: Laverda Dave on May 23, 2024, 03:26:20 PM ---Well done Ted  :). Crack open the bubbly whilst you trawl Ebay for that CB750 Project you've always promised yourself (or a Maico  ;))
Happiness is turning on the fuel and the carbs don't flood  :).
Post some photos of the complete bike wearing it's newly painted suit 8)

--- End quote ---

Sadly the 750 is far too heavy for me - I've pretty much decided the Maicoletta idea will be too much pain due to the lack of parts.

I'll never say never but - this 500 might be my last build - if I am tempted it will be something smaller or even another 400 at a push.  Space issues would mean my existing 400 would have to go. Not sure I could handle the separation it would be like getting a divorce.

mickwinf:
well done Ted, a great feeling when they burst into life.

DomP:
Great news Ted, I'm not far off getting mine on the road now, just some small tweaks and cosmetics.

davidcumbria:
Great news Ted. When you’re knee deep refitting the kickstart mechanism and primary shaft this moment seems an age away. Well done and let the tweaking begin 👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version