Other Stuff > Tricks & Tips

polishing thread?

(1/34) > >>

mickwinf:
I am in the process of polishing my engine covers which job i have done before and got acceptable results, until i saw Oddjobs standard! My trouble is removing the scratches before polishing, i have tried different methods but unless i spend hours with wet or dry paper they remain to taunt me. Lots of tips have been posted but when you need them its hard to remember who or where, and i dont have much luck with the search facility. Would a thread to put everything together help us mortals to soak in the knowledge of the polishing gurus.

Laverdaroo:
Ken.....................over to you, you are the king of bling!

Seriously nice finish and not that hard if you follow his advice, if he puts a monolog up Mick. I have had great success with the ABRANET cloth that comes in differing grades from the internet, I'll bob a link up. It folds so you dont have sharp corners which can create brand new scratches really deep if youre not careful. You use it dry which is good and it lasts forever. Get a couple of mixed lots, it really takes the big dings out of the ally before you get to start to get a flat finish.
I've just started on teh rear back plate using the plastic disscs ken mentioned,( you csn see themon the bench there, they are brilliant, just makesure the peiceis COMPLETELY grease free as youll rubit into the ally and itstains badly no matter how hard you pedal at it. Top crap off with these, sand the buggery out of it with the cloth grades and then try to copy Ken and get it mirror on the felt wheels.

Laverdaroo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sesman:
Roo, source for those wheels please?

Laverdaroo:
Here you go.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322284949822

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version