SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

CM125 wiring diagram

(1/4) > >>

Tomb:
Hi folks. My girlfriend is doing up (I won’t say restoring) a 1982 Honda CM125, she picked it up in a horrendous condition after being stored in a leaking shed for decades, although it will live again it’s condition was that not much could be restored to original. She is bringing it back to life to be used as a winter runabout.

The frame is solid but badly pitted and now hand painted, wheels the same. I hotwired a dead loss ignition and got the engine running after unfreezing it, compression is good.

After some comments about scrapping better bikes than my 500/4 (as well as much encouragement 😊) I can just Imagine some of you recoiling in horror 😂

We are now at the wiring stage, I have repaired PO’s wiring bodges to switch gear but need a wiring diagram and wondered if anyone can point to one.

TIA Tom

Johnny4428:
Hi Tom, can’t help with wiring diagram but good luck with the “rustoration” I have similar dilemma with a Yam QT50 rusty and not worth spending money on, might just do a slightly rust reduction job on it just to get it roadworthy.😜

Tomb:
Thanks Johnny, yeah sometimes they are so far gone that they just can not be restored. Shame really, it will live again but the finish will be “curbside” 😂

It was so bad the tank was rotted through completely, luckily the Chinese had faithfully copied the CM style when producing the Huoniao HN125 and we were able to pick up a good tank for £20 that’s a perfect match and fit.

Good luck with your QT50

Bryanj:
How friendly are you with your local Honda dealer? You can ask if they will let you photograph the relevant page of the workshop "blue book" i can try mine but not till after christmas mate sorry

Tomb:
Thanks Bryan. Local Honda Dealer? None round here really, nearest one is probably an hour or two away, and found them very dismissive of the old bikes when I once visited.

I was hoping to find an online diagram. I can find every old Honda except the CM125. Old man Honda has a good selection of earlier wiring diagrams but alas not the CM125. We have a manual for Chinese 125s with a diagram that is very near which helps. I can work through the wiring to suss it out, just thought the obvious thing to do was ask. Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version