Other Stuff > Misc / Open

It could only happen to us Boiler has shut down E110 I think

<< < (3/16) > >>

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: Trigger on December 24, 2022, 09:52:26 AM ---We run on a kerosene boiler from 1985. Very easy to fix and service, was built before any E fault codes  ;)

--- End quote ---

Our previous boiler was the old style Baxi Bermuda it replaced a similar previous model in 1987 it never broke down up until we replaced it in 2014 with a more efficient condensing type unit as the old unit was kettling primarily due it being a Primatic hot water tank  system. I serviced it myself  - it was so easy to clean the heat exchanger etc.

When I have my current unit serviced it is a laptop plug in job - it's gone the same way as cars.

sye:
According to t'interweb it's more likely to be overheating, I Googled this: Baxi Bermuda BBU 15 HE error code e110
This is one example:

"E110 relates to the Boiler hitting its maximum temperature and cutting itself out to stop damage, so its basically overheating, there are several causes for this, its generally a circulation fault so a system blockage, Air lock or faulty pump, in very rare cases it could be the temperature stat in the boiler faulty. If boiler has pressure and there are no obvious pockets of air in system (bleed all radiators) then a Gas Engineer will be required to repair the fault."

Bryanj:
It we are going to talk boilers our 16 yr old Potterton decided to leak this summer, just the right age to buy end of line nos spares, heat exchanger, sideplate, 2 connectors and control box for less tha £500 and my best mate just closed his heating business so cheap labour, thats 1/4the price of a replacement and basicaly new

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: sye on December 24, 2022, 11:59:07 AM ---According to t'interweb it's more likely to be overheating, I Googled this: Baxi Bermuda BBU 15 HE error code e110
This is one example:

"E110 relates to the Boiler hitting its maximum temperature and cutting itself out to stop damage, so its basically overheating, there are several causes for this, its generally a circulation fault so a system blockage, Air lock or faulty pump, in very rare cases it could be the temperature stat in the boiler faulty. If boiler has pressure and there are no obvious pockets of air in system (bleed all radiators) then a Gas Engineer will be required to repair the fault."

--- End quote ---

I definetely have no blockages, air locks or a faulty circulation pump - my error code booklet shows E110 is a dual fault code with two causes - excess condensate in the sump as well as overheat of the primary water/safety thermostat. Based on previous history it's more likely to be the condensate pump system.

I can reset the boiler 4 times in a 5 hour period - Ive only reset it twice - each time the radiators have all got hot - LED display on the pump is lit up as it should be - then it stops consistent with the build up of condensate activating like a frozen condensate pipe. Mine is not a high pressure system I have the older fully pumped system with a hot water tank & a 3 way motorised valve.

I will update as & when the Baxi fitter turns up & eat humble pie if it's not the condensate pump/sensor system..

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: Bryanj on December 24, 2022, 12:16:39 PM ---It we are going to talk boilers our 16 yr old Potterton decided to leak this summer, just the right age to buy end of line nos spares, heat exchanger, sideplate, 2 connectors and control box for less tha £500 and my best mate just closed his heating business so cheap labour, thats 1/4the price of a replacement and basicaly new

--- End quote ---

Strangely enough I was thinking of doing something similar with our old boiler but the efficiency of the Baxi Condensing boiler is incredible - my gas consumption in the winter fell by over 60% in units of gas used averaged over 4 years on both systems. Had we not had a Primatic type system I might have gone down that route as the capital cost would have been less.

I worked out my gas bill reduction would pay for the current boiler instalation in 8 years so theoretically the system has now paid for itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version