Other Stuff > Tricks & Tips

Lumpy on startup.

(1/2) > >>

JezzaPeach:
Just an observation that I noticed a wet verdigris deposit on the connectors in the small shroud to the right of the battery (500/4) from the points leading to the coils. It might be worth checking if the feed to the coils is suspect.

K2-K6:
I'm using silicone grease with components like this.

Virtually waterproof, low/no risk on most materials, very effective in raising reliability of open electric connections.

I use it on HT terminals too (more cars in distributor connections etc) but for these bikes in NGK cap  screw connections and the rubber seal around plug porcelain area. As above, it all but eliminates ingress of any moisture to make them reliable.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
"Verdigris" love the word never heard it before thought it was an anagram or typo at first - thanks again Mr Google.

Every day is a school day are you an English teacher perchance ?. ;D ;D ;D

Now I need to try to think of a sentence with the words Oxymoron, Serendipity & Verdigris in them only used the word Serendipity in context once - it turned out to be a real laugh at work  as they thought I might be a Polymath hiding in plain sight. I should listen to Radio 4 less it's not good for my street cred.

JezzaPeach:
😂😂Ted I must admit I guessed the spelling, and it’s probably the only thing I remember from chemistry O level. Which I didn’t pass……

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Respect  8) 8) 8) 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version