Author Topic: Patience needed!  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Patience needed!
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2023, 02:04:13 PM »
One other comment I heard, and I don't know the medical facts, virtually all the cells in our body have been replaced multiple times in our lives. Are we the same person we used to be?

Who do I complain to with regards to warranty, as my new cells aren't even close to being as good as my old cells.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2023, 02:11:30 PM »
On stress and lifing topic, going across Putney rail bridge ( ooh I saw so much on my day out) Son noticed the top layer of girders incorporated multi layers riveted and designed exactly like an inverted leaf spring to support transient loading as the train passed over.

These tapered out to nothing near the piers to optimise the stress concentration and spread it across more of the structure evenly.

Refurbished 1997 as general clean up with original structure still in place, was built and opened 1889 by one of Isambard's assistant ! If they get material and design correct it can be used for many years. Understanding what that entails is the clever bit.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2023, 02:13:03 PM »
One other comment I heard, and I don't know the medical facts, virtually all the cells in our body have been replaced multiple times in our lives. Are we the same person we used to be?

Who do I complain to with regards to warranty, as my new cells aren't even close to being as good as my old cells.

Do you have the original receipt sir  ;D

Offline Multiman

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2023, 02:15:18 PM »

I think you'll have to take that query upstairs, let us know how you get on.

Offline Cappodimonte

• SOHC Associate
  • Shoot first, less questions to be asked ☠️
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2023, 08:13:03 AM »
Human beings like anything that ages suffer deterioration through our lifetime, some sadly are taken too soon, others last a century or more. We all have a Point A we just don’t know where our Point B is.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2023, 11:46:28 AM »
I have the receipt somewhere, my mum and dad registered me for warranty purposes, I got a really nice certificate saying what day my warranty started. It says it's a lifetime guarantee but as with most things they always seem to find a loophole to avoid claims. The company is called NHS, which I understand means Not Here Sir when you ask if that's the place to go to get repairs.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal