Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2023, 09:17:23 AM »
Never owned or legally rode a moped. Had the occasional run out on my mum's monster PC50 AT 14 / 15 when she wasn't about.....
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Online McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2023, 11:48:23 AM »
I had a couple of NSU Quickly mopeds back in the day then had a load of Scooters before my first proper bike a Honda 250 Dream. 
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2023, 04:06:17 PM »
Oh, the NSU Quickly, my Dad had a two tone green one - WAT 276 and much later my Sister was courting (now there's and old expression) a chap who used his Dad's one to come to our place and always left it in our 'shed' - which was kind of part of the house and led directly into our kitchen.  One day when everyone was out, I threw a leg over this thing (I was about 12 at the time) and for some reason, turned the pedals and the bloody thing started!  I had no idea how to stop it but fortunately it eventually stopped when the carb was empty (I now know!)
When my Mum came home she played hell with David (my lifelong pal from Hull who never married my Sister) - she said the bike must be leaking fuel because of the smell in the whole house and he was not allowed to leave it there again.  I kept stumm!

Ian

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal