SOHC.co.uk Forums > Recommended Sources for Parts and Services

2 bike insurance

(1/5) > >>

JezzaPeach:
Hmm a bit disappointed, just been quoted by another insurer, for my CB500/4 and a NC750S I’m thinking of buying.
Over £450 with low mileages etc.
Think I’ll stick with my current insurer, £85 for the 500/4 only.
☹️

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I guess it depends on values - just renewed for 1st February 2013 with Peter James on my CB400 & CB500 for valuations of 5k & 4 K comprehensive on limited mileage 1500 miles  pa for £137.48 I have one years NCB as it had been 12 or so years since my old NCB lapsed.

Orcade-Ian:
I had a similar problem,
I'm 73 living in a very low crime rate postcode area and was used to paying 4/5 of bugger all on a multi bike with Peter James - quite high agreed value stuff - happy bunny!  Then I bought a new C125 Super Cub and a CBF 600SA8 and the 'moderns' caused a huge increase.  It's the NC 750 that's the problem - definitely worth shopping around for that one.  I have stayed with PJ because of the classics and UK and Europe breakdown cover included.

Ian

JezzaPeach:
Many thanks both, same thought about the modern one. I was looking to have it for a short tour in France with pals on modern bikes, but may look to hire or borrow!

Orcade-Ian:
Could you use the CB500 for the France trip? Throw over luggage or decent top box - racks available.  Chuck stuff away when it's needing washing and buy cheap new - we've done that loads of times - admittedly on CX, VF750 and 'Wings.  I'd bet you would have more 'smiles per gallon' than the others plus lots of folk admiring the bike.  If your classic is with PJ you'll have breakdown/recovery too.

Ian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version