Author Topic: Hello from Mid-Suffolk  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Mid-Suffolk
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2023, 03:32:12 AM »
Any further with the adjuster blocks John?

A side by side or a one sat on top of the other would be ideal, I know that's asking a lot but there's a really good reason behind it which may also benefit other members and maybe even yourself.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline Roxy John

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2023, 01:03:38 PM »
Hiya, funnily enough I was in the garage last night and remembered your message so took a pic of the GT's adjuster but obviously couldn't recall exactly what you had asked for! I'll get some side-by-side pics tonight and hopefully remember to post them tomorrow! In the meantime, here is the GT one.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2023, 04:56:05 PM »
I need to know John if the gt550 block would fit the cb500 and vice versa, the only way to do that is to either put them on top of each other and see if they match or test fit them and see. However I know how much work that can entail and it’s why I was a little reluctant to ask. If the 500 was coming apart for restoration then not so bad, next time you’ve got the rear wheel out of the gt it’s a simple job of comparing them.

The info may come in very handy for members restoring the cb500 which is why I ask, it can wait though until it’s possible for you to do it.

Must admit they look the same but there could be a very small size difference that doesn’t show until you try to use one in the other bike.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal