Other Stuff > Member 4 Sales

750 points needed 1-4 & 2-3

(1/8) > >>

Bristolbadger:
Does anyone have or can recommend where to get a new set of points please?
Cheers in advance

Bristolbadger:

--- Quote from: Bristolbadger on February 09, 2023, 08:31:09 AM ---Does anyone have or can recommend where to get a new set of points please?
Cheers in advance

--- End quote ---
Here's what I've got to work with at present. Didn't seem to have the full adjustment to get them dialled in properly, so worked with what I could... Until I think the condenser on 1-4 packed up and has burnt the points. Might be salvageable but don't think these are great anyway. Daiichi logo on them if that counts for much

Trigger:
You set up the points by adjusting the points and not the back plate.
If you are going by a manual, that is for new Honda points and is just a starting point.
Turn the plate to middle adjustment and then put a strobe light on and adjust the points 1&4, once it is strobed in, move on to  2&3.

Oddjob:
Surely you mean the gap is adjusted by using the points but the timing is set by using the backplates don’t you Graham?

Those are not genuine points BB, genuine points have a sort of chequerboard board finish on the surface plate, aftermarket points like those are well known for being hard to set correctly. Set to smallest allowable gap possible and they tend to just time up right then.

DS sells genuine ones for £35 each plus p&p

I’ve got some genuine points somewhere, £40 a pair and I’ll throw in some nice new stainless steel screws for the points plate for, rather chewed up those ones and the wrong type as well, should all be crosshead screws not flat bladed screws.

Not sure if the pic angle is confusing it but the 2-3 points don’t look right, there should be an insulating washer either side of the plate the wires are on, to keep the wires away from earthing out through the points plate.

K2-K6:
Yep that red/yellow terminal looks like it maybe compromising the functionality.

Any leak out there and it'll screw with the firing on those cylinder.

I'd move that brass fitting out first to see if it'll pick those two cylinder up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version