Other Stuff > Tricks & Tips

Brake master Cylinder painting

<< < (2/7) > >>

Laverdaroo:
That sounds interesting mate, Good choice rather than leaving them in red, they'd look like theyd come off a MotoGuzzi anchor and nobody would want that! ;D

I sent the pipes up to Nick at Camcoat last week and hoping of good things after looking at your stuff, I did mention that youd been in and I asked if he remembered you and he chuckled and acknowledged your high expectations on finish and that it was a pleasure to do stuff for you. Spoke very highly of you.............which was cool.

He evidently doesnt know you I reckon ;D

Let us have a shufty at your bits when you get em back, I love finished parts back from outfits such as that, unwrapping newly coated parts is one of my favourite things as after all the hard work I get an enoromouse sense of satisfaction out of it.  Yer know!

Daft innit? ;D

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: LetsRide on February 20, 2023, 12:31:05 PM ---I have looked but cannot see a previous article on the forum. so....
my CB400/4 master is very messy with paint lifting due to brake fluid leakage. It needs either to be stripped and repainted or replace with a aftermarket part for £46 (ish).
Has anybody stripped and repainted? What was the painting process and products used? For stripping, I guess I could just use more brake fluid  ;D. Thanks in anticipation.

--- End quote ---
That a pain when leaking fluid damages paintwork.
One of the reasons I now use Silicone based brake fluid it does not strip paint though tbh I haven't tested it for that.

Seabeowner:

--- Quote from: LetsRide on February 20, 2023, 12:31:05 PM ---I have looked but cannot see a previous article on the forum. so....
my CB400/4 master is very messy with paint lifting due to brake fluid leakage. It needs either to be stripped and repainted or replace with a aftermarket part for £46 (ish).
Has anybody stripped and repainted? What was the painting process and products used? For stripping, I guess I could just use more brake fluid  ;D. Thanks in anticipation.

--- End quote ---
The original finish would have been black anodizing. So they have already been refurbed.

Oddjob:
Been speaking about anodising a lot recently with the ceramic coaters I’m using right now, they also do anodising. I was looking at getting a couple of parts done and he said Jap alloy isn’t really suitable due to its composition, think they called it Zamac or something like that, anyway it’s not pure aluminium and if you try and anodise it then it just melts. Which makes me wonder, if that’s the case are any of those parts we think of as being anodised actually are? Stuff like handlebar switchgear, master cylinders etc or have they been dyed or something like that, it fades quite quickly, especially in sunlight, it comes off rather easily when it gets rubbed long enough, it generally doesn’t really behave like anodising so is it or is it another type of finish we haven’t classified yet?

Something along the lines of passivication like we do after zinc coating.

Sesman:
That’s snugger as I wanted my tank badges reanodising. Wasn’t that how the original f2 badges were finished? Maybe not…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version