SOHC.co.uk Forums > Recommended Sources for Parts and Services

Decent screwdrivers

(1/5) > >>

Rozabikes Tim:
My  screwdrivers have definitely seen better days. Want to replace them  with something good but that will not break the bank... (Got the JIS stuff covered separately)

Any recommendations? I know Halfords spanners and socket sets are recommended regularly one here. Are their screwdrivers of similar quality?

Appreciate any pointers.

Laverdaroo:
Ehyup Tim,

Yeah, nothing wrong with those at all. Likewise have a look at Screwfix or Stoolstation, they have some nice kit, its cheap and is  good quality. Surely there must be something on fleabay that will be affordable and fit the bill?
I generally use electricians screwdrivers where I can as the have the shaft covered in a plastic sheath thus reducing the chance of scratching stuff when I'm not looking/concentrating/being nagged.

Have a look at the sparky stuff they're generally really good and not silly money, even Travis n Jewsons sell rather nice ones too.

Rozabikes Tim:
Thanks Roo

Stuff I have now is technically  electrical spec but cheap shite variety. Good idea re protection from scratching stuff.

I've found US pro stuff quite good with the few bits I have.

K2-K6:
The halfords generally good  with this set https://www.halfords.com/tools/hand-tools/screwdrivers-and-hex-keys/halfords-advanced-8-piece-screwdriver-set-250365.html and presumably covers what you're after ?

These are good too at this price https://www.toolstation.com/wera-kraftform-comfort-screwdriver-set/p72105 with good tip materials.

Or Bahco, but greater cost.

Me and son like the old Stanley, blue Cross head and red flat blade, pick them up at car boot sales but still really good tools and materials to last as long as they do. Not convenient to wait though, but usually only 50p or £1 each  :)

K2-K6:
I by US-PRO individual sockets and spline tools for jobs I've not got the right thing for, unusually tough especially at the good cost they go at.
One particularly stuck fixing and the tool took far more than I'd reasonably expect, surprisingly good.

I've not tried their screwdrivers though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version