Author Topic: Front Spokes required  (Read 463 times)

Offline MrBaklava

• View Profile
Front Spokes required
« on: March 05, 2023, 08:05:57 PM »
Hey there,

I had an incident the other day with a front wheel lock - it snapped 4 nipples and bent 4 spokes. The bike is a Cb550k with the twin disc conversion on the front.

Does anyone know where I can buy individual spokes? It seems like a waste to order an entire pack for £90. Potentially I can straighten the spokes and just order nipples, if that's an option?

I'm based in East London, and would be up for taking it to a shop for someone to complete the repair, if someone can advise on a mechanic.

Thanks in advance

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Front Spokes required
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 11:27:40 AM »
As you will need to true the wheel and the nipples are often siezed the kit is the better option

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Front Spokes required
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2023, 01:43:38 PM »
Hey there,

I had an incident the other day with a front wheel lock - it snapped 4 nipples and bent 4 spokes. The bike is a Cb550k with the twin disc conversion on the front.

Does anyone know where I can buy individual spokes? It seems like a waste to order an entire pack for £90. Potentially I can straighten the spokes and just order nipples, if that's an option?

I'm based in East London, and would be up for taking it to a shop for someone to complete the repair, if someone can advise on a mechanic.

Thanks in advance

I have loads of new stainless steel spokes and nipples. Are you requiring standard BZP steel or stainless ?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal