SOHC.co.uk Forums > Recommended Sources for Parts and Services

CB550F2 1978 left switch

(1/4) > >>

alexdecker:
Hey all

I am trying to source a left switch for my handlebar. I can see there are lots of repros on eBay, also with the PA option in the horn button, as my current switch has. But on all of them, there have not been made a recess in the switch for the wires, when they come out of the switch. I guess this would make sense, if the wires has to run within the handlebar. But they don't on my model though, and as a result, I can't fit any of them on my bike.

Does anyone know a source for a proper left switch for a CB550F, or has anyone found some solution to this?

Oddjob:
AFAIK Alex only the 550K3 had the wires running outside the bars, the F model had them running inside the bars.

What's wrong with the current switch?

Trigger:
K3 are easy to spot as they have block connectors. The F1/F2 had bullet connectors. The left switch on a F2 is the same as a 400 four with PA switch.  ;)

Link in Europe >>> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174181090102?hash=item288e008336:g:rREAAOSwW69e8RKS&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAwBNwFTSqcK7ygXN6LepqXN6AK2ovxgTSYwVLf9rVcY3lQet2yWurn4SUn%2Bo7rZO4jpgB0aAzOM19o6PKT4W5vVQSJVpiX25%2FzM5uskMqwEwoRz2g3%2Bp5V5sjKkIh%2FA2HC0nlCLH8xio%2FET%2Fm478BXklKyidL%2FMQ1X6Lz%2FQqyuxQJE4MmfWGNP0PRUsL2UHWZPceikiSbBYABGMs3SivPgBGCMkDuNGIp0sB3im5MIOpLq19RNd5wHafvnZiXhx3IFw%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR4y0tvvYYQ

alexdecker:
This is a picture of my old switch, with the recess in the lower part of the switch. I thought all the wires was supposed to run on the outside of the handlebar. But I guess the previous owner switched the handlebar (as it has no holes to insert wires) and made the recess himself :(

Ok, sourcing a new handlebar I guess…

Bryanj:
Yes, thats a home made cuttout, the real ones have a raised rib around the cutout

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version