Other Stuff > Tricks & Tips

Honda Badge restoration.

<< < (2/6) > >>

Nurse Julie:
Your bike Simon, being a late UK K2 in Candy Ruby Red, I'm assuming you have black tank badges on a black background (300 middle part number with the pimples on the letters) the same as I had on my UK K2 of the same year?

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Lobo:
Hi Julie,
From the websites I see the black badges were on the earlier K2s, and mine was first registered June ‘73 (UK) - so somewhat a bit confused!

Nurse Julie:
You are looking at USA data there Simon. All UK and European Candy Ruby Red tanks had black badges from the CB750 K0. The gold and the blue UK /EU models had the white badges, 341.  All, worldwide, CB750 K1's had the 300 white badges but, the UK 750 K1 had the black 300 badges on candy Ruby Red tanks.

Lobo:
Terribly confusing… even David Silver is promoting his UK K2 tank badges as white letterings (see previous post attachment)

Just a generic search of Ruby Red K2s throws up many pics of white lettered tanks, many with the lower (UK) ‘bars.

Personally I guess it doesn’t matter, as honestly I prefer the cleaner look of the White badging. My Uk K2 has a couple of minor personal deviations (eg higher / more comfortable bars, grab rail) - all of which can be quickly reverted should any (Australian) demand a UK model 😂)

Thanks though Julie; it is indeed a minefield, I constantly wonder why Honda chose the expense and work varying models between markets; often it seems that the UK got the old stock stuff, such as this, steering locks below the yolk (CB400F) fewer chromed parts and so on.

Oddjob:
The parts book lists the part numbers as 87121/2-300-020 for the K0, 87121/2-300-030 for the K1 and 87121/2-341-000 with no differential for certain countries. It does show the Candy Ruby Red (CM) colour tank being fitted to the K0, K1 and K2 but doesn't seem to suggest any different colour tank badges being fitted to any certain colour.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version