Author Topic: This Weekend  (Read 1910 times)

Offline PMK

• SOHC Member
  • Destroyer of Fine Motorcycles & Idiot for Hire
    • View Profile
    • Karpettiger Maine Coon Cats
This Weekend
« on: July 06, 2010, 10:03:29 PM »
This weekend sees the Festival of 1000 bikes at Mallory Park.

I'm off up there on Friday night and camping for the weekend. I've dusted all my gear off and all I need is a few more gas bottles.

I'm going up on the Harley because I can and I want to meander up there via the lanes.

There will "parade" laps going over the Saturday and Sunday so there will lots of sights with the smell of Castrol R hanging in the air  ;D

Full report on Monday with possibly too many photos to see.
He who breaks something to see how it works has left the path of wisdom and become an engineer

Honda CB750F2 1978
Harley Sportster 883 1999
Matchless G80 1960

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: This Weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 08:10:37 AM »
Loking forward to the pictures
Pete

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:23:19 AM »
I'm going on the sunday  :),missed it last year, i'll be on my VTX as i have a fair chunk of motorway to do, hope to bump into you, cheers Mick.

rigwit

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 06:44:20 PM »
Ahhh  Malory..used to be my local track as lived in coventry for years and  ...........well thats another story   have fun looking foreard to the pics ;D

Offline PMK

• SOHC Member
  • Destroyer of Fine Motorcycles & Idiot for Hire
    • View Profile
    • Karpettiger Maine Coon Cats
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 12:43:27 PM »
Well the bike's all loaded, the camera is charging and I'm basically ready to go

(apologies for non SOHC content)

Now you lot need to get out and ride as it's going to be a scorcher this weekend

Enjoy

He who breaks something to see how it works has left the path of wisdom and become an engineer

Honda CB750F2 1978
Harley Sportster 883 1999
Matchless G80 1960

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 12:55:58 PM »
With all that kit on i hope you have your written request, in triplicate, for the brakes to work when you get there

rigwit

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 01:19:50 AM »
if i can find the pics that load would only fit on the back of my kettle  i made 2 custom side panniers at work and loaded up illion was like an armchair  prob why the then g?friend kept falling asleep on the 6 week European hols back in erm 19 and umty froo  be 1978  to be exact,  had a tape player installed to and back then if you wanted speakers in your helmet it was out with a curved scalpel and attack the inner close cell polystyrene foam also has the one existing pic of my old 400-4  been digging for a bit, but comming from a 4 bed house to a 2 bed things stuffed everywhere and as project is taking most of time it may be a while till i find em  but  watch this space or others :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal