SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Partially Restored 74 CB550

<< < (2/45) > >>

Bryanj:
Primary chain fit Kawasaki, half the price, dampers have gone up in price a lot, shells sit down before you price them, main oil pump O ring kit from nurse julie and carb O ring kit.
Other stuff ask on here, may be worth putting up pics of shells before condeming them!

davidcumbria:
Thanks Ken now I know what I’m doing re powder coating. The lower yoke seems integral with the steering column so I’m not sure this can be easily powder coated ? Reckon spraying may be ok here ?

Shells have already been condemned as toast on on here so I’m going to have to grin and bear it.
https://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,29088.msg277269.html#msg277269

Good tip re Kawasaki primary chain Bryan

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/kawasaki-parts/920571011?currency=GBP&withvat=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxZvMhMah7gIVyrTtCh39NQiJEAQYASABEgIWtPD_BwE

Laverda Dave:
The lower yoke can be powder coated without any issues. The powder coater will mask off the column, just make sure you tell them. Use a company used to powder coating motorcycle frames and not a bog standard industrial powder coating company.
Make sure you ask them to powder coat the frame on the same day as it has been blasted otherwise the frame will have a coating of rust between blasting and powder coating and this can result in the powder coat debonding over time. Likely to be more expensive but worth it

davidcumbria:
Thinking ahead to the rebuild what’s the deal with cam chain ? I plan to to put crankcases together with engine upside down to avoid the difficulties with selector forks and bearing pins. Will the cam chain stay on the crankshaft teeth during the rebuild or do I have to find a way to keep it tensioned, including refitting the barrels,  so it doesn’t drop off the crank and get all messed up?

Bryanj:
It may or may not drop off but easy to get back on as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version