SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

LED Indicators

(1/4) > >>

545863:
I converted the indicators on my 1981 CB100N to LED bulbs, (together with diode and the correct relay), they work fine with the engine off but flicker when the engine is running. The supplier suggested that this may be due to an unsuppressed HT lead. I used a new coil with a suppressed lead and a suppressed spark plug cap but the flickering remains when the engine is running. Has anyone had a similar experience or maybe suggest what might be causing the flickering? Thanks.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
More likely imho to be the quality of the LED units in coping with the voltage rise from the alternator - did you buy them from Classiccarleds or off e-bay?

Huge differences in quality V price not to mention specification.

Laverdaroo:
I second that, in the world of LED’s you really do get what you pay for as they’re made up such low cost items to build you end up with crap components being made into substandard indicators. I’ve had issues with flickering bulbs before and if it was t an loose earth it was a crap LED which was instantly cured by superior components:or item replacement. You don’t have a short to the diode caused by vibration from the engine. Could be something as simple as that but should think it’s the indicators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

545863:
Bulbs, diode and flasher relay all bought from classiccarleds.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Might be worth checking your voltage output to see if it's overcharging - if your battery is on it's way out you might be getting too many volts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version