SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

Head Bolts

<< < (2/20) > >>

Martin6:
Bryan,
I've got the manual and that's what's putting me off!  ;D

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
My Honda 400 rebuild during COVID lock down  was the first time that I had worked on a bike since 1969. Never split a crankcase yet along worked on a 4 cyl motor cycle only on cars and gave up on  car engines 35 years ago.
There are videos on U tube plus loads of members here who will lend their experience and advice f.o.c.
You are never too old to learn new skills if you have the time.
Take plenty of pics on your phone and get that engine out !

Matt_Harrington:

--- Quote from: Martin6 on May 17, 2023, 09:27:09 PM ---Bryan,
I've got the manual and that's what's putting me off!  ;D

--- End quote ---

Manuals are always daunting! Bryan is right and it will never be as bad as you thought it could be.
I'd be a bit worried about running the engine and creating damage that may cost more in the long run.

SeanFD:
You can do it if you're at all reasonably competent with a spanner.

I did a nut and bolt restoration of my 750 that had sat in boxes for 30 years and my only previous experience was on a CB125S back in 1976.

Apart from all the advice and support you'll get here, have a look at these videos; I found them very useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkHJuU01-Wk

Ignore the "cafe racer" bit, its a CB750 total rebuild – in 40 episodes.

He's not infallible, but honest enough to admit a mistake if he makes one; I pointed out and error and a week later he had added a comment to the video.

Sesman:
Get stuck in lad. You will learn loads and you are not alone. Both your character and confidence will be buoyed. Now as for your bank balance…..😁🫣

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version