SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

SS125 twin

<< < (2/6) > >>

Bryanj:
That is not even worth weigh in value as you have to take it away!

Seabeowner:
I had a blue one. £189 brand new at 16. Great styling, but pretty gutless. Not many survived, so restored they can be worth more than a CB550.

andy120t:
It has a chainguard...that's the sort of thing that is usually missing so might be worth it for that alone!

Fourplay:
Hi Andy,

There's certainly spares out there. Usual sources CMSNL, David Silver and of course ebay. Lots of genuine nos in Thailand on ebay but watch out for rust (must be something to do with the humidity.)

Rarest parts are the one piece silencers and exhausts. Pretty much unobtanium. When they do come up on ebay NOS can be up to £1000 per side. Most second hand ones are completely rotten and still command silly prices.

I'm currently restoring one. But I'm an NOS obsessive so taken me a fair while so far.

Probably the most expensive will be the paint job considering the bikes value, as apart from standard honda silver for the tank, mudguard, and chainguard and a few gloss black bits, all the rest is either candy blue or candy red.

I was quoted £2000 by dream machine for everything.

There's a UK based Facebook group just for these bikes and there are some excellent people on there with helpful info and resources.

Good luck if you take it on. I see it's missing a front mudguard. I have a spare NOS one to get the ball rolling if you do. Also some other bits and bobs where I've doubled up,

Justin

Toko_Jo:
My friend in York has restored an SS125 and I sourced him a RH NOS exhaust for less than £100 from Japan Yahoo auctions .. the trick is to search for CS125 .. basically same bike as SS125   but has plastic front and rear guards. exhaust is the same but has removable baffle.

Parts book scan here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ka5n2xwkihwpdj9/Honda%20SS125%20CL125%20parts%20list.pdf?dl=0

Shop manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jarg9gt2m7hz8d8/CD125%20CD175%20SS125%20CL125%20Shop%20Manual.pdf?dl=0

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version