Author Topic: Low emission zones.  (Read 918 times)

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
Re: Low emission zones.
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2023, 09:10:25 PM »

Interesting bit of personal history there George, my late mother was Austrian she worked in the Naffi as a cook when the British Army On the Rhine occupied the Rathausen in Klagenfurt, Austria circa 1947.
My mum was a NAAFI barmaid at Buller barracks in Munster. I was born in Munster BMH, my younger brother was born in Libya. Later on in life I introduced him to an Irish biker who was born in the same year and place! Did you grow up in the army community like I did?
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 called Elen.

Online McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2023, 09:40:26 PM »

Interesting bit of personal history there George, my late mother was Austrian she worked in the Naffi as a cook when the British Army On the Rhine occupied the Rathausen in Klagenfurt, Austria circa 1947.
My mum was a NAAFI barmaid at Buller barracks in Munster. I was born in Munster BMH, my younger brother was born in Libya. Later on in life I introduced him to an Irish biker who was born in the same year and place! Did you grow up in the army community like I did?

No my life was slightly more complicated, when my Mum found out she was pregnant my biological father contracted TB whilst on home leave, when he returned to his unit in Klagenfurt he was sent home & discharged he died in a Sanatorium a few months before I was born  never knowing he had a son.  His father also died of TB in the same year as did another sibling.

Today we would call my mother an economic migrant she managed to enter the U.K. legally when I was five years of age I obtained British Nationality via the Naturalization route when I was 12 years of age. I have a cousin Heidi who I have visited a couple of times in the last 20 years, I have met all of my mothers family - sadly I lost most of my German tongue just getting some back when I learnt some spoken German at Uni.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 09:53:05 PM by McCabe-Thiele (Ted) »
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,151576.msg1731556.html#msg1731556

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2023, 10:01:47 PM »
No my life was slightly more complicated,
That is complicated Ted!  :(
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 called Elen.

Offline taysidedragon

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2023, 09:29:50 AM »
Glasgow has introduced a Low Emission Zone, to be followed by Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen next year.
If your vehicle is not compliant you will get fined. Each time you get a fine it increases up to a max of £480!
You can't pay a daily charge, just stay out or get fined. A@#eholes!
I've to assume this also includes vehicles from abroad?
Putting a dent in the intended Scotland tour...  ???
Is it at least properly signed or will we end up in some ambush?

It appears that motorcycles and mopeds of any age are exempt from all of the Scottish LEZs. Glasgow confirms this in their info, but Dundee is less clear and some information sites say that exempting motorcycles is optional for the local council. Usual government lack of clarity, clear as mud!
Gareth

1977 CB400F
1965 T100SS

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2023, 01:08:53 PM »
Course it is, we all know that yes and no are words that do not exist in govspeak

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal