Author Topic: Indicator bulb holders  (Read 447 times)

Offline Multiman

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Indicator bulb holders
« on: June 19, 2023, 09:08:15 PM »
I've got an intermittent rear indicator so thought I'd have a furgle this evening only to find the front right not working either.
On dismantling the sprung loaded "button" that pushes onto the bulb has fractured from the rest of the brass crimp on the end of the wire.
Anyone know of any sources for bulb holders rather than buy the whole bliddy indicator?
Many thanks
Tim

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Indicator bulb holders
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 09:16:28 PM »
I have my old indicators off my 400 - yours foc for postage cost only Might be cheaper if I remove the bulb holders from the lamps. PM me if you want them.

They are a pretty standard bulb size so someone might make new ones.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Multiman

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 09:31:04 PM »
You are a gent Ted.
PM on its way

Offline TrickyMicky

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 07:37:33 AM »
If it's any help, the attached (hopefully!!) pic is from the company I use for all my LED bulbs, not the cheapest, but the quality is superb. I changed all of the  bulbs on my 400, they even sell a LED headlamp bulb which fits the original light unit.  I also purchased a flasher unit from them, it's about the size of a relay and fits into the rubber holder for the original, you can mix and match the bulbs and the flashing rate stays the same. All of this has given me nice bright lights and an easier life for old wiring. Have fun. Mike.
  PS. The little green LED bulbs fitted inside the clocks are the icing on the cake.

Offline Multiman

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 01:18:06 PM »
Cheers Mickey,

Teds very kindly sorting me out but can I ask how you mounted those bulb holders as obviously the originals have a bracket that screws onto the indicator housing not to mention its single wire etc etc

Cheers

Tim

Offline TrickyMicky

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2023, 02:00:14 PM »
Sorry mate, I have misled you.  I just posted the info because I knew that they sold bulb holders. I'm lucky that I haven't had to replace mine yet.

Offline Multiman

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2023, 02:20:33 PM »
No worries, thanks for clarifying.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal