General > Out & About

Making the most of the lovely weather.

<< < (2/2)

Athame57:

--- Quote from: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on June 21, 2023, 03:56:45 PM ---More likely you need to feather the pad leading edges.

--- End quote ---
I never thought of that....will see, I thought you meant something to with the crows at first!  ;D Any advice on how to, I havn't done this before.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Sorry I thought I had posted a photo of a pad that was factory feathered. I must have Previewed not Posted after.

A bit like this but not so heavily beveled.

.modern pad by Macabe Thiele, on Flickr

Skoti:

--- Quote from: Johnny4428 on June 21, 2023, 11:04:54 AM ---Had a blast out on my age appropriate machine yesterday nice 50 miles to Burwick which is closest land to the Scottish mainland. Hell I must do something about the brakes, they are shite! Quite sure the 750 would stop in half the distance just to make a comparison. Arrived back home had a coffee and then out on the 750 to make sure it was fine after the electrical leak. Is your machine “age appropriate”? 😜

--- End quote ---

Got an EBC disc on mine, big improvement over the standard one and it stops in the wet.
https://bikes.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/ebc-bike-brakes-prolite-left-steel-disc-md1062ls_p1158486.htm 

Oddjob:
EBC don't do discs for the 500/550 though Skoti.

Skoti:

--- Quote from: Oddjob on July 04, 2023, 06:51:50 PM ---EBC don't do discs for the 500/550 though Skoti.

--- End quote ---

Aye,

I should have read it properly before posting my comment...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version