General > New Member Introductions

New to the world of SOHC

(1/2) > >>

brinkys:
Thanks to all those who have been replying to the post's that I have put up on the forum, expect I will have a lot of questions. 

About me, I have been into bike for years, I have had lots of sports bikes over the years ie CBR's/Fireblades etc and I have spent about 10 yrs doing motocross, 2-stroke and 4-strokes.  I have to say that my CRF450 was one of the best bike I have ever owned/riden apart from a RC30!. As you can guess I'm a Honda man!

Anyhow I fancied something different & after rebuilding the engine on my CBR 6 i wanted a challenge, so after spending a saturday night trying to find some insperation I came across the world of CB's and Cafe Racer's.

I found a rather sorry looking CB550 that need bringing back to life, and that's where I am at at the moment, doing some research and getting some ideas before I get to work stripping the bike down, rebuilding it and converting it into a cafe racer (rightly or wrongly)!

SteveD CB500K0:
Did you really own an RC30?

[where's the "bows down" smiley when you need it? ]

brinkys:
Yep, I had an RC30 in the mid 90's for about 12 months, then I sold it (how stupid do I feel now). At the time you could pick then up fairly cheap compared to todays prices. Nothing I rode after that was quite the same.

As the say youth is wasted on the young!   

K2-K6:
Welcome to the forum.

RC30, used to look at one in a shop in Aldershot that was brand new and discounted but no takers then!!! couldn't afford it even then but I bet it would cost a bit more now.

Be interesting to see what you do with the 550.

UK Pete:
Hi Good luck with the 550, plenty of members on hear own them ,  i have never ridden one , they do look nice cafe'd
Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version