General > New Member Introductions

Hi From Essex

(1/2) > >>

Waggles:
Hi all,

An ageing 'born again biker'from Essex UK here. Old enough to know better but despite that have taken on the restoration of a yellow 1976 CB750F1 ( the exact model and colour I actually had new in '76, ah you can taste the nostalgia! ) This beast is a low mileage ( just under 6,000 ) 'barn find' Basically all chrome parts are rubbish so if anyone has anything including nuts & bolts that are in very good nick, from fork legs to chain guard, anythijng to reduce my bill at the chrome platers and get it on the road as soon as poss coz basically I can't wait! contact me please with pics and price.

Any advice / common probs with this kind of rebuild gratefully received ( like how to clean the crap out of the fuel tank without rubber arms )

cheers for now!

steven400/4:
have fun and welcome from staffs

SteveD CB500K0:
There's an "engineering" solution for most problems. In the case of the fuel tank, a bag of old bolts and a gallon of Tesco's malt vinegar (see other threads) should do the trick...

As far as parts are concerned, the rear mudguard on a 400/4 is unobtanium, so if it is OK, do everything in your power to rescue it!

Steve

UK Pete:
Hi Good luck with the restoration, take plenty of pictures as you go , and be sure to post some for us all to see
Pete

pae:
Hi and welcome. Plenty of pics please as you get on with the rebuild. And any questions, just fire away.

regards, Phil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version