Other Stuff > Tricks & Tips

How to make a simple tool to remove stuck caliper pistons

<< < (4/5) > >>

Laverdaroo:
You push the right sized insert into the piston and tighten it up so it spreads to grip the inside of the piston and then using the slide hammer bit that's at the top of the box in the picture, wind it into the insert and then you pull/bang it out. So simple it, as David says, makes you smile and generally as a rule, say under your breath........"thats such a good thing".

Really good bit of kit Matt, highly recommended, even the cheap shite ones are good and do the job with minimum fuss. I think there's a vid on Youtube on how it works but its really simple....

Just wattsapp'd you re tmrw, waitong to hear back from Tim at the min...Will confirm later bud. 8)

Matt_Harrington:
ER, that kit is OK if you can split the caliper but I assume it's no good for a twin piston type - unless I'm misunderstanding....

Laverdaroo:
most have a cut out at the back so that you can pul the piston out or the caliper comes apart in half enabling them to be drawn out. Ive never had an issue or come accross a caliper that you cant get at yet, whilst using one but theres always a first time

Laverdaroo:
2m 12 secs into the video Matt, dead easy ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufWAdnTVRKU

Matt_Harrington:
How do you use the tool with 'plan a' (in the vid) if they are stuck? I'm being devil's advocate here as I have some old car ones that always caused me an issue...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version