SOHC.co.uk Forums > Other Bikes

CB250 Nighthawk

(1/2) > >>

Trigger:
We have been having a problem with a CDI unit on one of our CD250U's which Ash has been trying to sort out. So, i have been looking about for a replacement but, have not seen a decent CD250U on the market since i bought my last one some 3 years ago. Then i spotted an original Nighthawk for sale at DK. No real bidding on this so, decided to ask DK what kind of reserve they had in mind as, i had a figure in my head of around £1,500. I was shocked when they said, the reserve they have on this bike is £2,798.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354883598207

I had a CB250 twofifty with 6,740 miles on it that i sold about 6 years ago for £1,100. DK seem to be living in dream land at there reserved price  ::)

SumpMagnet:
Nearly 3 grand.....

Love the description of a 2007 bike as being actually able to start and run. Damn well should do. Passed my test in the mod 80's and considered a 10 year old bike as nearly new. This was the sort of stock you would see down the local backstreet dealer and being used by ordinary folk who couldn't afford finance.

£1500 sounds spot on for a daily commuter.

Laverda Dave:
At the end of the day they will only sell it for the amount a buyer is willing to pay otherwise it will just sit in their showroom.

AshimotoK0:
Don't worry Graham .. we will get there in the end with fixing your CDI ... Plan to do a write up on here about it and probably bore the pants off everyone. I will be over at your gaffe after we visit friends probs next weekend.

Trigger:

--- Quote from: AshimotoK0 on July 07, 2023, 06:26:53 PM ---Don't worry Graham .. we will get there in the end with fixing your CDI ... Plan to do a write up on here about it and probably bore the pants off everyone. I will be over at your gaffe after we visit friends probs next weekend.

--- End quote ---

Not worried mate. I was hoping for a bargain bike  :o But, not at there reserve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version