Author Topic: Brake hose union holder, fitting of.  (Read 752 times)

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
Re: Brake hose union holder, fitting of.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2023, 07:02:51 PM »
This is how it is in my 400.
Hi Multiman
One of the things I just did in this part renovation was change the three headlight bracket mounting rubbers, my existing ones barely existed, I could almost crumble them away in my hand. I even started a thread the other about getting the things into those tight looking holes. You seem to be missing yours altogether, not a good idea. You can get yourself a set from Bertrum's bike bits here:
 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300800248073 

I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 called Elen.

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2023, 11:27:50 AM »
Well ain't that pretty, still a bit of rust about though. The brass dome nuts under the clocks are a nice but laborious touch. With the 'neglect' under it sorted out now, back on with the bandana, Elen insists on it!   ;D
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 called Elen.

Offline Multiman

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2023, 01:21:18 PM »
This is how it is in my 400.
Hi Multiman
One of the things I just did in this part renovation was change the three headlight bracket mounting rubbers, my existing ones barely existed, I could almost crumble them away in my hand. I even started a thread the other about getting the things into those tight looking holes. You seem to be missing yours altogether, not a good idea. You can get yourself a set from Bertrum's bike bits here:
 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300800248073
Thanks for the pointer. Just had a look and I've got the two top ones, albeit pretty cracked and hard but as you say the bottom one is long gone.
I'll replace the lot as suggested.
Cheers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal