SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Rolling Road recommendations

(1/4) > >>

Laverda Dave:
Not SOHC related but does anyone know of or can recommend a company with a rolling road/Dyno?
Reason I am asking is because I cannot get my Triton running correctly and I guess this is the problem with building a special! I cannot get the engine to tick over with any regularity and it's running rich. I would like to go to a company with experience of tuning old British parallel twins if possible. I think the carbs and timing will need setting up as the standard settings are nowhere near optimal considering the 650 engine is now a short stroke 750. I live in Middlesex, north west London and would like somewhere reasonably close.
Any suggestions welcome :)

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Any Norton  owners clubs that might help sort your bike out?

SteveD CB500K0:
PDQ Motorcycle Developments in Taplow (Maidenhead) sorted out my Triumph Sprint.

Not sure if they have old bike expertise. Best to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orcade-Ian:
Dave,
Are you running Monoblocs or Concentrics?  Are they worn?  I would try the guys at Dresda who took over from Dave Degens - they might have ideas about jet sizes to start from.  Also Les at Norvil might be able to advise before you throw rolling road money at it. Is it on electronic ignition or a mag or something else?  What camshafts do you have - perhaps E3134's?  A steady tick-over can be elusive with lumpy cams but you ought to be able to get the mixture pretty close.

Ian

Bryanj:
When i morgo'd a t110 i had to drop a size on mains from the 650, running concentric carbs, also if mag check timing side to side, my slip ring was 20 deg different L to R, only found out when i timed it on the oposite side by mistake, 6 hourscwith a small whetstone sorted it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version