SOHC.co.uk Forums > Other Bikes

Roo's Viffer

<< < (2/54) > >>

Laverdaroo:
Cheers but Boston Spa, North Yorkshire, near Wetherby. Managed to get some plugs at great expense so starting there. I’ll swap the coils round and see if it’s one of them if not plugs but might be as have one cold pipe  on number 3 at the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddjob:
Open the carb drain screws and see if it's not petrol related first. Presuming it's one of the carb versions of course.

Oddjob:

--- Quote from: Bryanj on July 13, 2023, 10:07:43 AM ---Speedo would have been an optional extra on the Sunbeam

--- End quote ---

It had been fitted Bryan, first thing I spotted was the drive gear inside the front hub, the cover is missing as you can see and it showed signs of being fitted but then removed. Same for where the speedo used to sit, signs of it being there. I concluded it was away being refurbished but he still wanted to ride the bike.

Laverdaroo:
FI bud, I’ve part numbered it about and it appears from Honda, £176.87 but as the Honda cuvic shares the same pack, £48 from euro, delivered if required.

Just getting into it now. But running on three, soon as you open it slightly, it bangs like crazy from the pot suspected. I reckon either no spark and the unused fuel’s hitting the pipe when hot and popping. That’s coil or plug to start on…….
We’ll see shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laverda Dave:
Very rare for a Viffer to break down Roo although yours does have some miles on it so maybe some components are just getting to that age to call it a day. That's a useful but of info about the FI, do you know if the same part fits the Fix models?
Cracking bikes there Ken, the Morini is very sweet, they were always great looking bikes and especially the 350 Sports although twice the price of a Norton Commando when new!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version