SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

CB750K7 resto

<< < (6/7) > >>

Honda enthusiast:

--- Quote from: Jan B on February 06, 2024, 08:58:55 PM ---Quite impressive plating you've got going there!
I think i have to give it a go myself because my local plater doesn't take new orders soon. Too busy.

--- End quote ---

Look at the Gateros plating website, and Dan one of the owners is very helpful...with anything like this results improve as you work at it... pm me if you need any input

Honda enthusiast:
I've stripped the engine now and it's over to cleaning prior to paint...the insides are in good condition with only the primary tensioner and cam chain rollers need replacing....I have a good HD camchain from Nurse Julie and a genuine primary chain set... from memory it's a bit different in detail to the K4 but fortunately I got a genuine manual for it from Honda classics [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

AshimotoK0:

I recently  asked one of our resident gurus on here about CB750 primary chains and he advised me to stagger them... like this:-

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Honda enthusiast:
Cheers Ash I'm not with you on your recommendation, aren't the teeth on the two sprockets machined in pairs , so how could the chain be staggered?

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I'm assuming it's the chains rivet orientation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version