General > Out & About

Orkney Classic Rally

<< < (6/6)

mickwinf:
Hey Ian, my partners daughter and partner just sent a pic from an event in orkney of an orange Fi and I said I know that bike! what a coincidence!

Orcade-Ian:
Hi Mick,
Yes,
Johnny and I were at the event yesterday - it's part of the annual Science Festival - just another excuse for a ride and a yarn with mates and Joe (and Josephine) Public) and have a bite to eat from the traders.  Pity they didn't ask who it belonged to and have a natter!
I'm still on the trail of finding what's up with these forks - stripped and checked not long after it took to the road.  Various grades and amounts of oil but still no improvement.  Springs were within spec lengthwise but couldn't be sure of poundage (in case they were aftermarket for a heavy guy - better than saying fat b'stard) so got a new genuine pair from DS - still the same!
I actually put and old and a new on a long threaded rod and wound nuts on the ends to  see if  one compressed more than the other - hardly any difference!

Will wait now til Winter and do further checking - it's quite rideable and safe but patters on all but the smoothest surfaces.

Ian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version