Author Topic: Project CB350F  (Read 43081 times)

Offline magpie114

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
    • A.M. Photoblog
Re: Project CB350F
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2024, 12:01:10 PM »
No its plain on the other side. If I mount it the other way round it would be slightly out of line and the peg wouldn't be restrained when tightening or undoing its nut.
David Silver have 50 on order and will let me know the ETA on Monday. On the photo from the DS site you can see how the peg would sit correctly on the sprocket. Still got a lots to be getting on with so I can wait.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Current bikes:
Honda CB350F
Honda VFR400
Suzuki 650

Offline magpie114

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
    • A.M. Photoblog
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2024, 08:03:00 PM »
Finally got the correct rear sprocket, tried all the usual places but I had overlooked Honda Classics. Looking for a stainless f/brake caliper piston and a couple of other items I typed CB350f in the site search bar and there amongst the parts was the sprocket. Ordered online Tuesday evening, delivered Thursday morning and the pegs fit correctly.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

I’ve been checking the placement of the various washers on the brake stay arm. The rubber washer had previously been fitted (apparently incorrectly) on the outside of the stay instead of next to the brake plate. Confusingly the owners manual shows it on the outside.

Also I initially thought the parts diagram of the stay at the swing arm was wrong - shouldered bolt, torque arm, 10mm spring washer, 8mm plain washer then nut. However I suppose this allows some movement of the arm whilst retaining some tension.
Current bikes:
Honda CB350F
Honda VFR400
Suzuki 650

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2024, 08:15:29 PM »
You should find the spring washer will fit over the plain shank of the bolt but the plain washer will not

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal