SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Doms CB550F1 project

<< < (119/124) > >>

DomP:

--- Quote from: Bryanj on May 26, 2024, 11:20:04 PM ---Which O ring? Cover or pump to crankcase?

--- End quote ---

Pump to crankcase it appears Bryan

*thinking about it now I wonder if its the oil pressure switch, as its fresh oil its so clean its hard to trace but I may just remove it and put a couple of turns of ptfe around it carefully

DomP:
Sorted the leak out! 

Before I tentatively try a road test should I try and fine tune my carbs or just take it down the road running rich as it appears to be?  I've got a Morgan Carbtune but I'm conscious of running it for too long statically when it's on new pistons and a rebore.

Laverdaroo:
Get it out on the road mate, you’ll know what needs sussing when you ride it or at least a starting point. Don’t run it on the bench it’s too hot and it’ll just knacker yer liners, get her out on the road and give it varied conditions. That’s the better way although takes longer than you want. I’ve not run mine for ages waiting on other bits for that reason. Seats ordered and away, just waiting on my paint slot and she’s done.
I’m dying to tune her up but the risk is too great after going to all this work to bugger it up just when you’re within inches of her being done, done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laverdaroo:
Get it out on the road mate, you’ll know what needs sussing when you ride it or at least a starting point. Don’t run it on the bench it’s too hot and it’ll just knacker yer liners, get her out on the road and give it varied conditions. That’s the better way although takes longer than you want. I’ve not run mine for ages waiting on other bits for that reason. Seats ordered and away, just waiting on my paint slot and she’s done.
I’m dying to tune her up but the risk is too great after going to all this work to bugger it up just when you’re within inches of her being done, done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I'm with Roo here, run it get the pistons  to settle in a bit, it's amazing what some warming and cooling down of an engine can change.
If your dynamic timing is set a few miles will help you balance the carbs with more certainty as and when.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version