SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

Power consumption, E-ignition vs Points. also - spare advance cam?

(1/5) > >>

Mikep328:
Has anyone performed a test to see the difference in power consumption between running the OEM points system vs a DSS E-ignition (which is on my 400)?  I'm curious about that, suspecting that points would require less power.   

In the spirit of tinkering, on that subject I am looking for an OEM (points) ignition advance cam - JUST the cam that fits on the advance unit.  Anybody in the UK have a spare they would sell me?  DSS has the entire advance unit but I don't want to spend £58+ for that when I only need the cam.  I have all the rest of the OEM system, but I guess when a previous owner installed the e-ignition, he/she tossed the cam or forgot to put it in the little bag with the breaker plate that stayed with the bike.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
You might need to check the brand of advancer as the part will be probably be different - there are two iirc one is tec the other is ND I think.

Mikep328:
OK, didn't realize there were two different advance units.  Thanks.

Multiman:
Give Steve a shout, he may be able to help.
https://www.400fourbits.co.uk/#electrical

Mikep328:
 Thanks re Steve!  :) 

No joy! :-\

I suspect I'd have to buy the new unit from DSS if I want to tinker with points.  But I don't have £58 worth of tinkering in mind for this...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version