SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB650

What age?

(1/9) > >>

TvL:
Hi everyone, first post! This bike, cb650, has been in my family since I was at least 4 years old and now finally I have gone from the small child pillion passenger to being the 40 year old rider who passed his test two weeks ago. Having emigrated with the bike from the Netherlands in 1993 the dvla have the bike registered in 2007 as a 1981 model although the chassis is RC03e2005360 which at a google guess shows it as being 1979. Is 1979 correct and was the import registration flawed or is it in fact a 1981 bike? The DVLA and I would both like the V5 to be accurate and the plate to be from the year of manufacture hence the question

Johnny4428:
Hi Tvl, welcome to the forum. Great pics old and new. Someone on here will stop by soon with the knowledge you require I’m sure.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Love the time warp photos. 8) 8) 8)

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
In my experience it is not unusual for a vehicles manufacturing date to differ by be as much as two years from the date of first registration due to being unsold new stock during that period.

I am not sure from the brief details you have given what country it was first registered in if it was the Netherlands then when imported to the UK DVLA would use the data from the foreign registration document.

TvL:

--- Quote from: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 20, 2023, 10:35:12 AM ---In my experience it is not unusual for a vehicles manufacturing date to differ by be as much as two years from the date of first registration due to being unsold new stock during that period.

I am not sure from the brief details you have given what country it was first registered in if it was the Netherlands then when imported to the UK DVLA would use the data from the foreign registration document.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for reply - yes that's possible although in the early 80s my father was already the 2nd owner. Yes the bike was first sold in The Netherlands. Going by the date of chassis/engine numbers the internet shows a 1979 manufacture which in speaking to the dvla is the year they want on an amended v5. I just don't want to get the dates wrong or trust google......LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version