SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB650

What age?

<< < (3/9) > >>

Bryanj:
Glad you got here, i would go the VJMC letter route for dating, DVLA seem to accept those as being accurate but be prepared as they may want to visit and physically check the numbers and want a complete bike

Trigger:

--- Quote from: TvL on August 20, 2023, 10:58:59 AM ---Yep here it is

http://www.sohc4.com/cb550/cb650/

:D

--- End quote ---

The information is a USA link and will be for USA CB650's only and not the rest of the world.
If you look up CB750 K2 it will say that it was only sold in 1972. Yes, in the USA but, the rest of the world the CB750K2 was sold from 1972 to 1975  ;)

Bryanj:
Sorry just reread my post and to make it clear it is the dvla who may want to visit

davefirestorm:
Hi and welcome to the forum😁  Those numbers on that site are for USA bikes I believe.My 1979 Canadian model CB650 untill July this year was registered on the V5 as manufactured 1984.DVLA told me that they would only take information on date of manufacture from the manufacturer and would not recognise any club dating services although I believe that is not so but you know what DVLA are like😂.I sent clear photographs of the frame and engine numbers to Honda U.K. and within a week for £35 sent me a dating letter which DVLA accepted and issued me a new V5. My bike doesn’t have a VIN plate but wasn’t a problem Google Honda U.K. vehicle year of manufacture service. Good luck  and nice bike it should have twin discs and I reckon those Comstars are correct for an early 650 I think later ones had reverse black Comstars

Trigger:
He has stated that the bike is from the Netherlands so, Honda UK will not have any info on it  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version