SOHC.co.uk Forums > Anorak's Corner

Blasting a complete engine !

<< < (2/3) > >>

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
If I understand you correctly you have slight pressure in the engine as well Ash neat idea like a toxic fume cupboard in reverse?

Johnny4428:
Great idea Ash! Internal positive pressure.👍

Oddjob:
No offense Ash but just because it can be done doesn't mean it's a good idea. I'd sooner dismantle the engine but I can see that getting gaskets etc might be a problem.

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Oddjob on August 21, 2023, 10:32:28 PM ---No offense Ash but just because it can be done doesn't mean it's a good idea. I'd sooner dismantle the engine but I can see that getting gaskets etc might be a problem.

--- End quote ---

I fully agree Ken .. all of my engines I strip regardless of mileage due to unknown history, hardening of rubber parts, gumming up of rings  etc. If you notice the engine in the picture was assembled with no internals so I could blast everything on the outside without getting any blast media on the inside surfaces. I posted this because there was a meeting of the 'SOHC Debating Society'  ;D ;D yesterday where this was discussed but the commenting was suspended for some strange reason and I couldn't reply. Very unusual and a bit draconian for this forum. As Dylan would say "without freedom of speech, I might be in the swamp." ;D

Update:

Steve PM'd me and explained to me why he had ended the thread. Let's hope we don't  give him cause to do it again. This is still the best forum out there IMHO and to the original poster  .....please stick around with us we are a friendly bunch really

Oddjob:
I think Steve had his reasons Ash.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version