Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2024, 07:46:15 PM »
Will be difficult getting just slides unless Trigger has some spares, you will probably end with another set of carbs and use the best of what you get.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2024, 07:55:17 PM »
I have a few spare slides, however they look identical to the 500 ones so you need to ensure you're fitting the correct type for the 069a carbs, the needles are slightly different from the 500 IIRC.

As for the broken jet, what carb number is it broken off in? I have some spare 069A carb bodies but not all of them, I'm betting the one you want will be the one I haven't got. I seem to recall I have No2 and No4 but could be wrong. I'll also have a spare choke lever  if that doesn't straighten out very well.

069A carbs will use 98 main jets and 38 idle or slow jets. I may have a spare idle jet, not 100% sure.

Check for markings on the slides, they are numbered to identify them. Also look inside, at the bottom there is some more writing IIRC. Or it may be where the needle comes out.

I'd try a small drill in the jet, slow speed and it may jam, sometimes when you reverse the drill it comes out with it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 07:58:24 PM by Oddjob »
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline Johny Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2024, 10:30:25 PM »
Thanks for those ideas, the only trouble is the bore is just over 1mm diameter and the OD is 1.8mm

Don't have any taps that samll, even my smallest stud remover is way too big, I think I am going to try the drill option.

1.5mm drill, hopefully it will catch, if not the wall will be virtually gone, hopefully no damage to the body, I will turn up a centering bush first
Don't judge me on the picture, this is how I got it!!!!

Offline Johny Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2024, 10:39:00 PM »
I have a few spare slides, however they look identical to the 500 ones so you need to ensure you're fitting the correct type for the 069a carbs, the needles are slightly different from the 500 IIRC.

As for the broken jet, what carb number is it broken off in? I have some spare 069A carb bodies but not all of them, I'm betting the one you want will be the one I haven't got. I seem to recall I have No2 and No4 but could be wrong. I'll also have a spare choke lever  if that doesn't straighten out very well.

069A carbs will use 98 main jets and 38 idle or slow jets. I may have a spare idle jet, not 100% sure.

Check for markings on the slides, they are numbered to identify them. Also look inside, at the bottom there is some more writing IIRC. Or it may be where the needle comes out.

I'd try a small drill in the jet, slow speed and it may jam, sometimes when you reverse the drill it comes out with it.

Thanks for this, the slides have 2 markings a "Star 2.5" and "103" and the body is No4, As I said above I am going to turn up a drill bush tomorrow and put a 1.5mm drill up it, it will either grab or leave a 0.15mm wall full of holes, hopefully I can pick / ultrasonic any bits out.

I will update tomorrow, John

Offline Johny Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2024, 06:14:05 PM »
Pleased to report a 2mm drill is the perfect removal tool.

Now onto the Soda Blasting

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal