Author Topic: Good morning from West Berkshire  (Read 1726 times)

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Good morning from West Berkshire
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2023, 09:24:59 AM »
thank you ... that is good to know - and after my morning coffee, only now realised that, that is a different domain - sohc versus sohc4.

Any similar site for UK models? There are some good concourse type models which look attractive at a better price than the link Trigger posted on earlier.  Decisions decisions decisions ...

If you trawl the internet looking at e-bay, auto trader & using Mr Google you will find a variety of 500's up for sale both private & trade. We have had the occasional members here put theirs up for sale here but its probably only a few each year.

This site is mainly about restoration, maintainance & problem solving with members who have a vast weath of knowledge  & experience.

I am not quite sure if you are looking for originalaty/ concourse with an eye on investment or a nice looking bike that has had a decent engine that you can use in the summer.

The range of asking prices & auction prices are vast. As you will probably know most restored vehicles cost more to build  than their market value.  High quality restoration is not generally a money generating exercise  except for the few.

All that glitters is not gold so its always going to be a risk buying something 50 years old at any price.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 09:52:10 AM by McCabe-Thiele (Ted) »
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Good morning from West Berkshire
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2023, 09:28:16 AM »
Pity the pics are so blurry but for me the chrome tank trim is not original, can’t see the joint trims and the master cylinder looks too tall as well. Maybe off another Honda like the GL1000.

Not 100% sure it’s starlight gold as well, looks like candy gold which of course is incorrect for a K0. Looking again, it might be starlight, shame the pics are so poor.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 09:31:45 AM by Oddjob »
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal