SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

My first project - 1974 CB360 K0

(1/19) > >>

Craizeehair:
Hoping for some thoughts from you who know about these bikes, I’m looking for something for my first project, does this look ok, original enough or a bit of a lost cause?

I’m in no rush to complete. I have a couple of other bikes to ride, so I can take my time and learn as I go.

philward:
That seems a nice project. It's virtually all original but if you want to mint it, chrome and paint is the big cost

Bryanj:
The most unloved twin on the uk market, parts are rare and if not looked after cams sieze, nice reasonable ride but imho will never be worth a lot

Craizeehair:
Thanks for the input, I’m not sure I want to make it minty, or even have the ability yet but it’s more to get me going as a first strip down and restoration attempt, to what level I’m not sure?

Noted on the parts and maintenance.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Looks reasonable at a glance though I am not familiar with the model - as has been said some parts might be difficult to find - my first project was a 400 I chose that as there are plenty of new & used parts to be had so you can do it cheaply (ish) or expensive your choice.

When it is time to sell mine it will make a loss on what I spent but for me it was all about the build & learning after decades of not working on bikes.

There is a market for 400's it will sell  if it has to go - I did it for the fun, challenge, heartache and joy when I first rode it. As you will know from watching TV most do it as a loss making  hobby. We call them money pits for a reason.

As well as the initial purchase price do not forget you might need some tools & equipment to work on it comfortably if you do not already have a bike ramp. You will no doubt have thought about these things so I might be stating the obvious - lastly sticking to a budget is virtually impossible as there is always the unexpected problem just around the next corner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version