SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

My first project - 1974 CB360 K0

<< < (20/23) > >>

andy120t:
I think that's a good idea. Rolling restoration on bits and pieces in the winter and enjoy riding in the summer.

Craizeehair:
I figured it was time to bite the bullet and see what carburettors are all about!! I have stripped them ready for cleaning and was feeling quite pleased with myself when I saw a small spring that I hadn’t accounted for, it’s not from the internals for sure, I’m confident it is from the hardware on the outside somewhere and I’m sure I can figure that out. 

What really stumped me was the diaphragms that I ordered from NRP, I realise that I have no idea how to change them, can they be done without cutting the plastic holding rings, I’m sure they aren’t called plastic holding rings but hopefully you know what I mean!!

cbxman:
That spring goes between the two throttle plate levers providing thrust to keep the butterflies in the right position.  It needs to be there to prevent wear on the carb throat from the butterflies.

The diaphragms are supposed to be pulled out of the rings.  I have not done it, but I believe that copious amounts of lubricant be used to ease the old ones out and the new ones in..

Good luck
Jerry

Craizeehair:
Thank you Jerry,

I will give that a good thinking about and build up to that in a few days!!!

Greg

Craizeehair:
I’ve managed to get on with a few jobs over the weekend and got to a pint where I was happy to fit the chain.

It is the correct link count for the bike apparently but no matter what, I can’t get the connecting link to fit, it’s about one link too short. From the looking I have done, it should be 94 links and it is. Original rear sprocket and a new 16 front sprocket so I guess everything should be the same and it should fit, but it don’t!

Stumped again!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version