Author Topic: New kid on the block  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Honda enthusiast

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: New kid on the block
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2023, 07:39:57 AM »
Lovely 500 but the RG is beautiful, odd choice of colour but each to his own and all that. All that  being said, looks fantastic. Well done that man thanks 👍 that's much appreciated 🙂👍👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2023, 07:55:53 AM »
Lovely looking Laverda - yellow  cars & bikes have  become a niche indicator of performance models.

Two downside of yellow are it can fade badly & flies see it as a toilet here sign or the last thing they see if you are moving. ;D ;D ;D
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Honda enthusiast

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2023, 09:40:16 PM »
Lovely looking Laverda - yellow  cars & bikes have  become a niche indicator of performance models.

Two downside of yellow are it can fade badly & flies see it as a toilet here sign or the last thing they see if you are moving. ;D ;D ;D
. Tbh Ted, I bought it because it's been fully restored including the engine. If you think Honda parts are expensive, then Laverda parts are in two leagues above and very hard to come by. I intend to repaint it metallic red as the yellow base coat reacted with the original paint leaving what looks like rounded scratches in the base which the clear coat filled in. It's flat so I can't feel them with a fingernail but at an oblique angle it looks dreadful...the seller who is also a Laverda club member ripped me off as I bought it unseen after he put me in touch with the restorer who said it was perfect...leaves a nasty taste

Offline Johnny4428

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2023, 06:44:10 AM »
That’s bloody annoying, the chance we take buying unseen, although within these organisations and clubs it is expected that people are upfront about what they are selling! Especially with these higher value Marques. 😡😡
1952 Cymoto on Triumph bicycle.
1961 Matchless G3
1974 Honda CB550K1. Running resto,
1978 Honda CB550K3.
1999 ST1100 Pan European 50th Anniversary.
1975,1980,1984,1986 Honda C90’s
1973 Honda CB750K3

Offline Honda enthusiast

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2023, 08:29:23 AM »
That’s bloody annoying, the chance we take buying unseen, although within these organisations and clubs it is expected that people are upfront about what they are selling! Especially with these higher value Marques. 😡😡
. Yes, that's what I thought too but one can't go back can one ?  I'm going to make it mine and will post pics when it's done... cheers Johnny

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2023, 10:30:06 AM »

Both nice bikes,with character,

might bean idea to contact Richard Slater,he has all the details  of UK imports,

I assume the owners club should have his details
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline Honda enthusiast

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2023, 06:42:04 PM »

might bean idea to contact Richard Slater,he has all the details  of UK imports,

Thanks 👍 I have Richard Slater's contact details but he wants £150 to look up the bike on his records with the frame and engine numbers....seems like it's going to be an expensive bike.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2023, 06:45:20 PM »
That's just taking the piss.

150p I'd say is more appropriate.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2023, 07:12:18 PM »

Thanks I have Richard Slater's contact details but he wants £150 to look up the bike on his records with the frame and engine numbers....seems like it's going to be an expensive bike.
It's his pension

He put a lot of effort into importing Laverdas

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline Honda enthusiast

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2023, 05:49:54 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to do that as it will be good to have the starting point for the RGS....not too much to pay really in the scheme of things. I've joined the ILOC and it's a friendly club.

Thanks I have Richard Slater's contact details but he wants £150 to look up the bike on his records with the frame and engine numbers....seems like it's going to be an expensive bike.
It's his pension

He put a lot of effort into importing Laverdas

Sent from my SM- TA546E using Tapatalk
Thanks I'll follow that up, not too much to pay considering he's the only source and it will give my RGS some history....I've joined the ILOC and found it a friendly place
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 05:54:04 AM by Honda enthusiast »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal