Author Topic: A very rare one from FTFF  (Read 1560 times)

Offline TrickyMicky

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: A very rare one from FTFF
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2023, 11:23:18 PM »
Standard condition?.

Someone's drilled a hole in the headlight shell and fitted a toggle switch there, not exactly standard that.
  If you zoom in on the photo of the right side handlebar, you'll see that there is no light switch. The American models were wired to have lights on all the time, so I'm guessing that is what the toggle switch is for.

Offline Mikep328

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2023, 08:52:57 AM »
Frankly, based on condition from the pics, and the fact that it is being sold in the UK but is an import from the USA, it seems dramatically overpriced to me - around £2000 too much based on my very recent experience looking for and purchasing one... ;)

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2023, 10:49:20 AM »
Exactly Mike,
That's why I posted it.  When you look closely at some parts, they need some work - either replacing, re-chroming or polishing.  Looks like it's had a drop on the left side - alternator casing and badge,  the points cover has a ding, the brake pedal and gear lever need attention as do the fork sliders.  If you do all of that, then it's just another restored import with an unverifiable mileage.  Admittedly a very nice bike but not at that money.
Ian

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2023, 03:37:10 PM »
I thought it had been dropped on the rotor cover as well Ian but closer inspection showed it as just lacquer peeling and alloy corrosion. Same type of corrosion on the fork sliders, just age and possibly a slightly damp storage environment.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2023, 04:00:24 PM »
Ken,
I couldn't get close enough to properly check the rotor cover, it just looked a bit bruised - I'm 500 miles from you and even further from the bike🤡

Ian

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal