Other Stuff > Desperately Seeking!!

CB400/4 Engine Bolts

(1/6) > >>

Laverda Dave:
The 'Rat Bike' project is moving along nicely and the engine cases are now empty and have had their first wash ready for a proper inspection.  The parts list is now at two pages though and is growing daily!

Various engine mounting bolts are missing (two front lowers and two at the top) and in one case a length of studding has been used as the upper rear engine mount, I do not know how the PO rode the bike with the engine moving around in the frame!

Does anyone have any of the following for sale (parts book listing used to describe the items):
92000-08080-0A - Bolt, Hex, 8x80 Upper front engine mounting bolts x 2
92000-10080-0A - Bolt, Hex, 10x80 Upper front engine mounting bolt x1
90106-333-000 - Bolt, FR, Engine Lower Hanger x 2 (These are the special bolts that pass through the lower frame rails at the front and bolt through to the lower crankcase of the engine and are frequently replaced by longer bolts that then cause the oil gallery to crack as they are too long! DSS or CMSNL don't have any).
90108-333-000 - Bolt, RR. Engine Upper Hanger x 1 (this is the long bolt used as the upper rear engine mounting, is passes through both sides of the frame and through the lug on the rear upper crankcase. On the R/H side it passes through the upper engine mounting plate that holds the main earth cable).

Thought I'd ask here first, condition is unimportant as I will be getting all the bolts etc replated.

Thanks
Dave

Oddjob:
You sure you got your part numbers right Dave?

The 2 lower bolts are 10 x 74mm and should be 90101-377-000 if after 1046562

I'll have a look for the others

Oddjob:
Got the 2 x 8 x 80mm bolts, also have the 2 x 10 x 74mm bolts. Also found a 10 x 80mm bolt.

Any idea of how long the upper rear bolt is?

Laverda Dave:
Amazing Ken! I'll check the parts book tomorrow morning as out at a 60th birthday bash at the moment. I'll measure the upper rear bolt as well and get back to you👍

Laverda Dave:
I bow to your knowledge Ken, I didn't read the parts list properly! It should be 90101-377-000. As a battery of interest do you know what the difference is between the two, was the later bolt shorter to avoid the potential of oil gallery damage?
The length of the rear top bolt is approx 213mm (from below the bolt head, I measured the original bolt on my other 400/4). It has a 14mm hex head.
Send me a PM with the cost and I'll sort out via PayPal (F&F) with the P&P.
Thanks again Ken.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version