General > Announcements

550 Keilin carburettors

(1/2) > >>

pslack86:
I,m trying to find Keilin 069A carbs for my Supersport but to no avail ! There seems to be a lot of 550K carbs about , can I use these ????

Nurse Julie:
No, that would be a backward step Paul. A lot of owner scrap the Keihin PD carbs from the 550k as they can be a nightmare to say the least, and change them to the 069a's.

K2-K6:
I feel its worthwhile emphasising that it's the cleaning of these that people find really fiddly, frustrating etc.

As a carburettor they are excellent (when cleaned and set correctly ) in their metering and fuelling accuracy. Very good fuel atomiisation, cleaner burning combustion with less problems of fuel dilution of oil from unburnt, a very accurate carburettor.

It may take time spent on them that people don't want to spend in diligent cleaning etc, but then that same routine is largely true of all the carbs for these engines.  There's not a design reason not to use them really.

paul G:
They do clog up for fun though, especially with infrequent use  ;)
I changed mine but put the originals back on when I sold it.
If you do change them then you need to change the manifolds and the carb rubbers as well.

Oddjob:
Carb rubbers yes Paul, manifolds no. It's going from PD to 069a type that need the manifolds changed as the vac ports are on the body of the PD carbs, so you need to change to the earlier manifolds in order to get the vac ports, going the other way would just mean he'd have 2 sets of vac ports.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version