SOHC.co.uk Forums > The Black Bomber Board

black bomber Rectifier change

<< < (2/2)

mo goldie:
well thanks for all the comments and help as I will have to look at all what you have said.... I cant remember seeing a red wire coming out of that rectifier tho... I did see a brown and a yellow I think but the wires being that age has changed colour over the years but will check that red out, Oh I did check out the guy brenden and looked at his Video but they just said about unplug and re plug but the black Bomber dont have a plug cumming out of the rectifier just 3 wires out of the wiring harness going to the 3 round screwed terminals on the rectifier. any other help guy`s gratefully Received.

Thanks Again

Mo   

AshimotoK0:
Attached is the wiring diagram and a picture of a NOS original selenium rectifier. You can just make out the colours. The centre terminal is the positive output (connect to red on your new rectifier) The stud of the original rectifier connects to the chassis (negative) and so you need to connect the GREEN  wire of your new rectifier to the chassis of the bike  ..... there was probably an eyelet connector with a green wire to do this on the original loom, which connected to the stud of the selenium rectifier.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] .

mo goldie:
Hi guy`s

Well Ashimotoko you have solved the problem's so I just got a better better one to work with on the bike this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123754925999

so as you say the Red on the new one go`s to the centre one what was on the Selenium rectifier ...... and the yellow on the old one to the yellow on the New one........... the Green on the new one go`s to Grund ( earth ) .............. and the brown on the old one go`s to the pink on the new one.

I hope that is all right what I have said ?

Cheers for all your help Mo

Ps can`t wait to fit the new Electronic Ign when it gets here too...... Just hope it don`t Go like my BSA did  ;D

AshimotoK0:
I have never tried one of those combined units. They basically do what the original rectifier and the voltage rectifier did on later bikes. Not sure on the quality of the Chinese made ones though. Perhaps someone else on here has experience of using one on Honda twin model.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version