SOHC.co.uk Forums > The Black Bomber Board

M10 DOME Cylinder NUTS HEX

<< < (3/20) > >>

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on October 31, 2023, 11:08:25 AM ---As folk here will know I am always confused by Hondas metric threads so reassuring to know I am not alone.

--- End quote ---

All explained here:- I was getting confused with M12 which DID change from 1.5 in 1967 to 1.25 pitch.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Orcade-Ian:
As always,
That's great info Ash,
I just checked availability of Zeus charts and they are still about but better still, someone has published them in PDF form.  No need for jig boring coordinates (except maybe Trig - maybe that's short for trigonometry  :) ) and other pages but it's all here:

http://www.moonshiners.org.uk/MZ/zeus.pdf

Ian

Oddjob:
I knew about the JIS thread bulletin Ash, hence why I mentioned the year of the bike may be of note, before 67 he may have had the old JIS threads and after he may have the modified JIS thread. I took the chance he had the new.

Glad to see we got to the bottom of it in the end, which is the priority, not how we got there.

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Oddjob on October 31, 2023, 02:56:56 PM ---I knew about the JIS thread bulletin Ash, hence why I mentioned the year of the bike may be of note, before 67 he may have had the old JIS threads and after he may have the modified JIS thread. I took the chance he had the new.

Glad to see we got to the bottom of it in the end, which is the priority, not how we got there.

--- End quote ---

M10 never changed though . It's M12 that's the confusing one ... e.g.  the C110 has both M10 and M12 domed nuts on the rear shock mounts and the M12 changed in '67 from 1.5 to 1.25 pitch. Another one is the M3 screw that mounted the emblems  onto 'toaster' tanks, as that changed in '67 too.

Oddjob:
I didn't have access to the bulletin though Ash, so I made the assumption that as most of them changed it was likely that so did the M10. As it turns out that was the wrong assumption but seeing as I was possibly asking him to spend money on something I thought I'd best hedge my bets so to speak. No harm done, we got there in the end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version