SOHC.co.uk Forums > The Black Bomber Board

M10 DOME Cylinder NUTS HEX

<< < (2/20) > >>

K2-K6:
Count ten threads on stud and then measure in mm.

1.25x10= 12.5......1.5x10=15.......well you get the picture  :) should be easily seen what pitch they are in situ.

Or try the bought nuts onto  rear shock mount to verify.

AshimotoK0:
Yea you are right slapped wrist naughty boy Ash

https://www.zed-parts.com/product-page/m10-1-25-dome-nut-low-top-zinc17mm-spanner-a-f-jis

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

K2-K6:
Its a good bet because Soichiro was an aircraft man with many influences from that arena incorporated into the design, the "waisted head and barrel studs one of the most prominent in balance of load distribution, material elasticity and torque requirements. Fine pitch threads being an intrinsic part of accurately setting torque for such a design.  :)

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
As folk here will know I am always confused by Hondas metric threads so reassuring to know I am not alone.

Orcade-Ian:
Ah, Soichiro, my hero!

Mo,
A great asset to any restorers toolbox is a set of thread pitch gauges and if you can still get them - Zeus charts, although Mr Googly has most of that latter info these days. 
I've restored many offerings from BMC and Jaguar where there is often a 'from the factory' mix of fine/coarse Metric, UNF/ UNC and even BSF/Whitworth/BA on the same car - having gauges and charts takes any guesswork out of the game.

Ian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version