General > Announcements

Bludy Lump!

(1/6) > >>

philward:
Unfortunately just been diagnosed with a brain tumor (first symptoms only 2 weeks ago). So, I'll have to surrender my licence and for the first time in 52 years, I'll not be able to ride my bikes. Hopefully should get licence pack in a year or so??? Don't do many miles but do get out on one of the bikes (rotate the bikes) for about 20 - 30 miles weekly. Won't half miss it!
Looks like I'll have to buy another project!
PS - Fantastic NHS service

Nurse Julie:
Oh Phil, I'm really sorry to hear that news 😔😔😔. The thought of not being able to ride must be awful. I hope all goes well for you.

Rozabikes Tim:
Wow. Thats a shock for you I'm sure but you seem to have a real positive attitude. That will really help. What sort of treatment will you be having??

philward:

--- Quote from: Rozabikes Tim on November 17, 2023, 11:05:12 PM ---Wow. Thats a shock for you I'm sure but you seem to have a real positive attitude. That will really help. What sort of treatment will you be having??

--- End quote ---
Its in the centre of the brain apparently. Got to have a biopsy were the surgeon goes in via an incision in scull (Wednesday overnight) and then they will decide what chemo and radiotherapy to use. Brain guy says it looks low grade from the scan. Luckily I had the symptoms (dead/tingling/pins & needles in leg  intermitantly) before it developed, otherwise it may have been harder to treat - so I'm positive about it really - just not about not riding bikes!

Oddjob:
Sorry to hear that Phil. However happy to hear they appear to have caught it early, which is usually a good sign. Get well soon mate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version